Comment on page
StackState Kubernetes Troubleshooting
The Topology Perspective displays the components in your IT landscape and their relationships.
Click on the Legend button (?) in the bottom right of the screen (just below the zoom controls) to display an explanation of the icons and colors used in the topology visualization.
Topology perspective legend
When you hover the mouse pointer over a component, the component context menu is displayed. This gives you information about the component, which includes:
Component context menu
Actions can be used to expand the topology selection to show all dependencies for the selected component. Other actions may be available for specific components, such as component actions that are installed as part of a StackPack.
A list of the available Actions is included in the right panel details tab when you select a component - Component details. Actions are also listed in the component context menu, which is displayed when you hover the mouse pointer over a component.
Shortcuts give you direct access to detailed information about the specific component:
- Open component view - Opens the component view for this component. The component view provides you with a bird's eye view of everything that matters about this component and its direct neighbors, depending on the component type you are viewing.
- Explore component - Opens an explore view containing only this component. The explore view allows you to investigate a single component from all perspectives without needing to adjust the view filters. Double-clicking a component achieves the same result.
- Show properties - Opens the properties popup for the component. This is the same as clicking SHOW ALL PROPERTIES in the right panel details tab when detailed information about a component is displayed - Component details.
Relations show how components in the topology are connected together. They're represented by a dashed or solid line and have an arrowhead showing the direction of dependency between the components they link.
Select a relation to open detailed information about it in the right panel details tab - Direct relation details, Indirect relation details or Grouped relation details depending on the relation type that has been selected.
The way components and relations are displayed in the topology perspective can be customized in the visualization settings menu in the top right corner of the visualizer:
There are zoom buttons located in the bottom right corner of the topology visualizer. The plus button zooms in on the topology, the minus button zooms out. In between both buttons is the fit to screen button which zooms out so the complete topology becomes visible.
You can locate a specific component in the topology by clicking
Fand typing the first few letters of the component name. Alternatively, you can select the Find component magnifying glass icon in the bottom right corner of the topology visualizer.
If there are components with monitors on them which are outside the view but might influence the component in the view, the Topology Perspective will show the health state of all components shown.
- Don't show root cause - Don't show the root causes of components shown by the current topology filters.
- Show root cause only - Only show the root causes of components shown by the current topology filters that have a
DEVIATINGpropagated health. Indirect relations are visualized if a component directly depends on at least one invisible component that leads to the root cause.
- Show full root cause tree - Show all paths from components shown by the current topology filters that have a
DEVIATINGpropagated health to their root causes.
The components in the topology visualization can also be shown in a list instead of a graph:
From list mode, the component list can be exported as a CSV file. The CSV file includes
updateddetails for each component in the view.
- 1.From the topology perspective, click the List mode icon on the top right to open the topology in list mode.
- 2.Click Download as CSV from the top of the page.
- The component list will be downloaded as a CSV file named