Comment on page
Create and edit views
StackState Self-hosted v5.0.x
You can create and save views in StackState to bookmark a part of your topology that is of particular interest to your team. By default, saved views will be visible to all users, these can be secured by a StackState administrator if required.
To create a new view navigate to Explore Mode via the hamburger menu or use another view as a starting point. Whenever you change any of the View filters, a Save View button will appear at the top of the screen. Click this button to save your current selection to a view. To create a new view from the current view use the dropdown menu next to the button and select Save View As.
In the Save view as dialog, the following options can be set:
- It is not recommended to delete or edit views created by StackPacks. When doing so, you will get a warning that the view is locked. If you proceed anyway the issue needs to be resolved when upgrading the StackPack that created the view.
- Note that changes made to a view will be applied for all users.
A saved view can be edited or deleted from either the all views screen, or the right panel View summary tab.
- 1.All views screen:
- Click Views in the main menu to open the all views screen.
- Hover over the view you would like to edit or delete.
- Click the Edit view or Delete view button on the right.
- 2.Right panel View summary tab:
- Open the view.
- Open the triple dots menu (to the right of the view name in the right panel View summary tab).
- Click Edit or Delete.