Comment on page
Upgrade Splunk Topology V1 to V2
StackState Self-hosted v5.0.x
It is not advised to run the Splunk topology integration through both StackState Agent V1 and StackState Agent V2 at the same time. Run either the Splunk Topology V1 check (for StackState Agent V1) or the Splunk Topology V2 check (for StackState Agent V2).
To upgrade an existing Splunk topology check to run on StackState Agent V2, follow the steps below:
- 1.Install StackState Agent V2 in a location that can connect to both StackState and Splunk.
- Note StackState Agent V2 cannot run side-by-side with the API Integration Agent. If you intend to continue running other checks on StackState Agent V1, install StackState Agent V2 in a different location.
- 2.Stop StackState Agent V1.
- 3.Disable the Splunk topology check on StackState Agent V1:mv /etc/sts-agent/conf.d/splunk_topology.yaml /etc/sts-agent/conf.d/splunk_topology.yaml.bak
- 4.Copy the old Splunk topology check configuration file to the newly installed StackState Agent V2:# Agent installed on the same machine as StackState Agent V1 was runningcp /etc/sts-agent/conf.d/splunk_topology.yaml.bak /etc/stackstate-agent/conf.d/splunk_topology.d/conf.yaml# Agent installed in a different locationscp <user>@<old_host>:/etc/sts-agent/conf.d/splunk_topology.yaml.bak <user>@<new_host>:/etc/stackstate-agent/conf.d/splunk_topology.d/conf.yaml
- 5.Edit the check configuration file
/etc/stackstate-agent/conf.d/splunk_topology.d/conf.yamland replace all occurrences of the following items:
- 6.Restart StackState Agent V2 to apply the configuration changes.
- The Splunk Topology V2 check is now enabled on StackState Agent V2.
- Wait for the Agent to collect data and send it to StackState.