Comment on page
StackState Self-hosted v4.5.x
This page describes StackState v4.5.x. The StackState 4.5 version range is End of Life (EOL) and no longer supported. We encourage customers still running the 4.5 version range to upgrade to a more recent release.
The Topology Perspective displays the components in your IT landscape and their relationships.
Component context menu
Actions can be used to expand the topology selection to show all dependencies for the selected component. Other actions may be available for specific components, such as component actions that are installed as part of a StackPack.
A list of the available actions is included in the Component Details pane when you select a component and also in the component context menu, which is displayed when you hover over a component.
Shortcuts give you direct access to detailed information about the specific component:
- Show component properties - Opens the component properties popup. This is the same as clicking SHOW COMPONENT PROPERTIES in the Component Details pane.
- Investigate in subview - Opens a subview containing only this component. The subview allows you to investigate a single component in all perspectives without needing to adjust the view filters. This is the same as clicking INVESTIGATE IN SUBVIEW in the Component Details pane.
Relations show how components in the topology are connected together. They are represented by a dashed or solid line and have an arrowhead showing the direction of dependency between the components they link. Health state will propagate from one component to the next, from dependencies to dependent components. Relations that have one or more health checks configured will report a calculated health state.
Click on a relation to open the relation details in the right-hand pane.
Indirect relation path
The components and events displayed in the topology visualization can be customized by adding filters.
Click the View Filters icon in the left-hand side menu to open the view filters. Here you can edit:
- Topology filters: The components displayed in the topology visualization.
- Events filters: The events shown in the Events list in the View Details pane on the right-hand side of the screen.
From the Component Details pane, click on a label to add this to the topology filter. The displayed topology will be expanded to include all components and relations with the selected label. To undo a label selection, click the back button in the browser or edit the topology filter in the view filters.
The visualization of components and relations in the topology perspective can be customized in the visualization settings. Click the Visualization Settings icon in the left-hand side menu to open the visualization settings menu. Here you can edit:
- Root cause display - to what extent the view should be expanded when an element in the view reports a DEVIATING or CRITICAL health state or propagated health state.
The details panel on the right-hand side of the screen shows information about the view, or the currently selected component, relation or problem.
When a component is selected by clicking on it, the Component Details pane is shown on the right-hand side of the screen. This panel displays detailed information about the component:
There are zoom buttons located in the bottom right corner of the topology visualizer. The plus button zooms in on the topology, the minus button zooms out. In between both buttons is the fit to screen button which zooms out so the complete topology becomes visible.
You can locate a specific component in the topology by clicking
Fand typing the first few letters of the component name. Alternatively, you can select the Find component magnifying glass icon in the bottom right corner of the topology visualizer.
It is possible that your view can contain components that have a deviating propagated health state caused by a component that is outside your view. The Topology Perspective allows you to configure whether the view should be expanded to show root cause components that are outside of the currently displayed view:
- Don't show root cause - Do not show the root causes of components shown by the current topology filters.
- Show root cause only - Only show the root causes of components shown by the current topology filters that have a
DEVIATINGpropagated health. Indirect relations are visualized if a component directly depends on at least one invisible component that leads to the root cause.
- Show full root cause tree - Show all paths from components shown by the current topology filters that have a
DEVIATINGpropagated health to their root causes.
The components in the topology visualization can also be shown in a list instead of a graph:
From list mode, the component list can be exported as a CSV file. The CSV file includes
updateddetails for each component in the view.
- 1.From the topology perspective, click the List mode icon on the top right of the screen to open the topology in list mode.
- 2.Click Download as CSV from the top of the page.
- The component list will be downloaded as a CSV file named