Comment on page
StackState Agent V2
StackState Self-hosted v4.5.x
This page describes StackState v4.5.x. The StackState 4.5 version range is End of Life (EOL) and no longer supported. We encourage customers still running the 4.5 version range to upgrade to a more recent release.
The StackState Agent V2 StackPack works with StackState Agent V2 to synchronize topology, metrics, events and traces data from external systems with StackState. A number of integrations are automatically enabled when the StackState Agent V2 StackPack is installed, however, integration with some systems will require an additional StackPack and configuration.
Install the StackState Agent V2 StackPack from the StackState UI StackPacks > Integrations screen.
The integrations included in the StackState Agent V2 StackPack are listed below. Refer to the integration pages to find configuration details for each integration:
When a new version of the StackState Agent V2 StackPack is available in your instance of StackState, you will be prompted to upgrade in the StackState UI on the page StackPacks > Integrations > StackState Agent V2.
When installed and running, StackState Agent V2 will synchronize the following data with StackState from the host it is running on:
- Hosts, processes and containers
- Network connections between processes and containers including network traffic telemetry
- Telemetry for hosts, processes and containers
- Hosts, processes, and containers
- Network connections between processes, containers and services including network traffic telemetry
- Telemetry for hosts, processes, and containers
- Trace agent support
When additional checks have been enabled on the Agent, data from other external systems will be integrated. Refer to the individual integration pages for details of the data retrieved from each system.
Uninstall the StackState Agent V2 StackPack from the StackState UI StackPacks > Integrations screen.
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.12 (2021-12-15)
- Improvement: Supported additional identifiers for Disk component
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.9 (2021-11-17)
- Improvement: Updated supported platforms documentation.
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.8 (2021-07-23)
- Improvement: Documentation updated
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.7 (2021-06-30)
- Bugfix: Disable Indirect relations
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.6 (2021-06-18)
- Bugfix: Fixed integration page
- Feature: Split Error Count Metric for X-Ray into 4xx and 5xx count
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.5 (2021-06-14)
- Bugfix: Fixed runs_on relation creation
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.4 (2021-06-10)
- Feature: Added static health integration
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.3 (2021-06-10)
- Feature: HTTP Endpoints (Kubernetes services for example) and processes now have metric streams for HTTP request rates and response times (only StackState 4.4.0+)
- Feature: HTTP Endpoints (Kubernetes services for example) and processes have a new tag
application-protocolthat lists the protocols that are handled by that service/process, currently supported protocols are http and mysql (only StackState 4.4.0+)
- Feature: Network connection relations also get the
application-protocoltag (only StackState 4.4.0+)
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.2 (2021-05-18)
- Improvement: Expose service -> process relation metrics on the outgoing service component if running in Kubernetes
- Improvement: Add the Agent category for filtering capability
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.1 (2021-04-23)
- Bugfix: Fix escaping bugs in templates
Agent V2 StackPack v4.4.0 (2021-04-23)
- Improvement: Add "runs" relation for container -> process such that a container "runs" the process
- Improvement: Stop state propagation over relations that represent health checks or metrics collection, these used to result in a lot of false positives
- Improvement: Expose process -> process relation metrics on the process component if running in Kubernetes
Agent V2 StackPack v4.3.1 (2021-04-12)
- Improvement: Common bumped from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1
Agent V2 StackPack v4.3.0 (2021-04-02)
- Feature: Introduced swarm services as components and relations with containers.
- Feature: Report desired replicas and active replicas for swarm services.
- Feature: Health check added for swarm service on active replicas.
- Improvement: Enable auto grouping on generated views.
- Improvement: Common bumped from 2.3.1 to 2.5.0
- Improvement: StackState min version bumped to 4.3.0
Agent V2 StackPack v4.2.1 (2021-03-11)
- Bugfix: Fix for trace service types causing spurious updates on StackState.
Agent V2 StackPack v4.2.0 (2021-02-26)
- Feature: Map the container restart event stream as metric stream.
- Feature: Introduced the container health check for restart event.
- Feature: Introduced Disk Metrics and Check on Host in Agent V2 StackPack.
- Feature: Separate Sync and DataSource added for Disk Type.
Agent V2 StackPack v4.1.0 (2021-02-08)
- Improvement: Updated the "Agent Container Mapping Function" and "Agent Container Template" to map the container name instead of the container id to the identifier
- Bugfix: Fix the error stream for the traces not coming from traefik.
Agent V2 StackPack v4.0.0 (2021-01-29)
- Bugfix: Major bump the version for installation fix
Agent V2 StackPack v3.12.0 (2020-12-15)
- Feature: Split error types in traces into:
- 5xx errors - Use this in check function to determine critical status in the component.
- 4xx errors.
Agent V2 StackPack v3.11.0 (2020-09-03)
- Feature: Added the Agent Integration synchronization, mapping functions and templates to synchronize topology and telemetry coming from custom Agent Integrations.
- Feature: Added the "Create your own" integration StackPack page that explains how to build a custom integration in the StackState Agent.
- Feature: Introduced monitoring of all StackState Agent Integrations in the Agent - Integrations - All View.
Agent V2 StackPack v3.10.1 (2020-08-18)
- Feature: Introduced the Release notes pop up for customer.
- Feature: Introduced the Docker-Swarm mode setup docs in Docker integration.