See the real time state of your IT landscape
This page describes StackState version 4.3.
The StackState 4.3 version range is End of Life (EOL) and no longer supported. We encourage customers still running the 4.3 version range to upgrade to a more recent release.
The Topology Perspective displays the components in your IT landscape and their relationships.
When a component is selected by clicking on it, the Component Details pane is shown on the right hand side. This panel displays detailed information of the component:
The topology can also be navigated interactively. Hover over any component to bring up the component navigation menu. The available options allow you to change your view respective to the selected component.
Actions can be used to expand the topology selection in one of the following ways:
- Show all dependencies -- shows all dependencies for selected component
- Show dependencies, 1 level, both directions -- limits displayed dependencies to one level from selected component
- Show Root Cause -- if the selected component is in a non-clear state, adds the root cause tree
- Show Root Cause only -- limits displayed components to the root cause elements
A list of the available actions is included in the component details pane when you select a component and also in the component navigation menu, which is displayed when you hover over a component.
Hover over any component to bring up the component navigation menu. Select Dependencies to isolate the selected component (show only that component) and expand the topology selection in one of the following ways:
- Direction -- choose between Both, Up, and Down
- Depth -- choose between All, 1 level, and 2 levels
Hover over any component to bring up the component navigation menu. Select Root Cause Analysis to isolate the selected non clear (e.g. deviating or critical) and expand the topology selection in one of the following ways:
- Root cause only -- only show the probable causing component
- Full root cause tree -- show the entire root cause tree
Locate a specific component in the view by typing the first few letters of it's name in the Topology Perspective. Alternatively, you can select the Component finder icon magnifying glass in the bottom right corner of the topology visualizer.
There are zoom buttons located in the bottom right corner of the topology visualizer. The plus button zooms in on the topology, the minus button zooms out. In between both buttons is the fit to screen button which zooms out so the complete topology becomes visible.
It is possible that your view can contain components that have a deviating propagated health state caused by a component that is outside your view. The Topology Perspective allows you to configure whether to show a root cause even when it is outside of the currently displayed view:
- Don't show root cause -- do not show the root cause
- Show root cause only -- only show the root cause component
- Show full root cause tree -- show the entire root cause tree
The components in the topology visualization can also be shown in a list instead of a graph:
From list mode, the component list can be exported as a CSV file. The CSV file includes
updateddetails for each component in the view.
- 1.From the topology perspective, click the List mode icon on the top right of the screen to open the topology in list mode.
- 2.Click Download as CSV from the top of the page.
- The component list will be downloaded as a CSV file named