Comment on page
This page describes StackState version 4.3.
The StackState 4.3 version range is End of Life (EOL) and no longer supported. We encourage customers still running the 4.3 version range to upgrade to a more recent release.
This page describes the images used by the StackState Helm chart and how to configure the registry, repository and tag used to pull them.
Pulling the images from the different image registries can take some time when pod are started, either when the application starts for the first time or when it is being scaled to a new node. Also, if one of those registries is not accessible, the pods won't start.
To address this issue, you can copy all the images to a single registry, close to your Kubernetes cluster, and configure the Helm chart to pull the images from that registry:
- 2.Use the
copy_images.shscript in the installation directory to copy all the images used by the Helm chart to that registry, for example:./installation/copy_images.sh -d 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
- The script will detect when an ECR registry is used and will automatically create the required repositories. Most other registries will automatically create repositories when the first image is pushed to it.
- The script has a dry-run option that can be activated with the
-tflag, for example:$ ./installation/copy_images.sh -d 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com -tCopying justwatch/elasticsearch_exporter:1.1.0 to 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/justwatch/elasticsearch_exporter:1.1.0 (dry-run)Copying quay.io/stackstate/stackgraph-console:3.6.14 to 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/stackstate/stackgraph-console:3.6.14 (dry-run)Copying quay.io/stackstate/stackstate-server-stable:4.2.2 to 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/stackstate/stackstate-server-stable:4.2.2 (dry-run)Copying quay.io/stackstate/wait:1.0.0 to 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/stackstate/wait:1.0.0 (dry-run)Copying quay.io/stackstate/stackstate-server-stable:4.2.2 to 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/stackstate/stackstate-server-stable:4.2.2 (dry-run)This will show the images that will be copied without actually copying them.
-rflags can be used when running the script to specify a different chart or a different repository to use.
- 3.Add the registry to the global configuration section in your
values.yaml, for example:global:imageRegistry: 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
- A separate entry must be made for the image used by the
elasticsearch-exportersubchart as this cannot be configured with the
global.imageRegistrysetting. For example:elasticsearch:elasticsearch-exporter:image:repository: 57413481473.dkr.ecr.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/justwatch/elasticsearch_exporter
- Starting from version 4.2 StackState server will not be part of the standard deployment, it has been superseded by several separate pods, using the same server image.
- If the registry for an image can be configured with a specific value (for example
stackstate.components.all.image.registry), it can also be overridden with the global value
global.imageRegistry. Some images (from other sources) do not support this and need to be configured seperately.